Saturday, March 12, 2005

Tales from the Underground



I spent several hours yesterday afternoon at Gallery 57 Underground, composng abstract images based mostly on stains, patterns, and textures in the old concrete floor of the gallery. It was enough to convince me to combine the work I did yesterday with the images captured inside of the Progress Space gallery next door back in December, and create a new section on my Web site called Tales from the Underground. All of these images were taken in the basement galleries (hence "underground") of the building at 300 South Thomas Street in Pomona. And I hope you're not sick of seeing these kinds of images, because there are many more on the way...

The top two rows (10 images) on the Tales from the Underground page were taken yesterday afternoon at Gallery 57 Underground. More images from this session will be posted to the page over the next several days.

[ photograph above: Pomona, 2005 ]