Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Personal History, Part V



As mentioned in a previous post, it was in a college art class that I was first introduced to the photography of Edward Weston. I immediately developed an interest in his work, and his life.

While working in the pre-press darkroom, my friend and co-worker Dan Duquette--who knew so much more about fine art photography than I did--would tell me stories he had read or heard about Edward, and his sons Brett and Cole.

In 2002, I had the pleasure to attend a four day photography workshop in Carmel hosted by Cole, Kim, and Gina Weston. You can see some of the images from this workshop in the galleries section of my Web site. Unfortunately, Cole passed away in 2003. But Kim and Gina still offer excellent workshops at Wildcat Hill.

[ photograph above: Kim Weston, 2002 ]